- 1 What Best Offers are Available?
- 2 Top 5 Best Audio Interface for Reaper…
- 3 5 Best Audio Interface for Reaper Reviewed
- 4 1. Steinberg UR22MKII 2-Channel USB – Editor’s Choice
- 5 2. Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD
- 6 3. Roland Quadcapture Audio Interface
- 7 4. Tascam Us-1200 USB Audio Interface
- 8 5. Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 USB Audio (2nd-Gen)
- 9 Conclusion and Recommendation
What Best Offers are Available?
I will help you choose the best audio Interface for reaper in this post today. Looking for great deal Audio Interface are you not? Great! We are on the same page then. I know there are lots of offers out there and currently and often there’s the question of which one to possibly settle for. Something in a comfortable range for you having all the pretty cool features you and I both know would work best for you. No need to rush it, just take easy lest you pick one not so good, just kidding! So, that’s where that I come in. I understand your situation and that you are seeking the best for your taste. The great news is that I have picked out the best there is offer out there and if you will read further you will see the ones I have chosen as the best Audio Interface deals for a reaper. No need to worry, to stress, we got you covered buddy! Always remember that as you pick out a device of your liking remember to take note of those features like sound quality, Ease of use, compatibility with your DAW and many more other things to consider.
Also, why we look for REAPER meaning Rapid Environment for Audio Production and Engineering, a Digital Audio Workstation abbreviated as DAW, is that:
- It is the HQ for all your recordings.
- It is available both for Windows and Mac systems.
- It is cheap costing nothing to download and use it.
- Lightweight, not messing with your system resources.
- Lots of Industry standard plugins supported both in VST and DX
Now, on to business. What great offers do we have on market today? Why don’t we have a look now, shall we?
Top 5 Best Audio Interface for Reaper…
- Steinberg UR22MKII 2-Channel USB
- Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD
- Roland Quadcapture Audio Interface
- Tascam Us-1200 USB Audio Interface
- Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 USB Audio (2nd-Gen)
5 Best Audio Interface for Reaper Reviewed
1. Steinberg UR22MKII 2-Channel USB – Editor’s Choice
The Steinberg UR22MKII 2-Channel USB Interface is one that is said to be one of the most popular reaper audio interface devices available on market that is a 2-channel audio interface that connects easily using USB. Of a robust construction the UR22MKII is, the device is an update on the UR22 with one of the noticeable big changes being the improved audio performance, iOS compatibility as addition to the Mac and Windows compatibility, and the ability to power the unit with a USB brick power supply or rechargeable USB battery whilst using an iOS device. So, when you come to think of it this is great benefit to you when you get this baby that is a 24-bit 2×2 audio, powered by 48v phantom power and 1×1 MIDI class-compliant USB 2.0 interface supporting sample rates of up to 192 kHz.
The UR22MKII 2-Channel USB’s connectors on the front of the unit are high-quality Neutrik branded XLR/TRS Analog inputs, with associated gain controls as well as peak LEDs advising when input signals are too hot. The device comprises of two solid mic preamps for amplifying your vocals and getting quality audio, it is compatible with all major DAWs and has no driver issues with them. More to say is that the UR22MKII has its own Gain Knob adjustable from +6 to +60 dB, found to be more than enough for most purposes, the device mic preamps are Yamaha’s well-regarded D-PRE mic0preamps featuring a Class A transformer-less design. The device has a Hi-Z switch on the front, combining with the second input to allow for direct recording of guitar or bass, ¼ inch headphone jack with independent volume control, output level knob and a mix knob too for signal level balance. This is the editor’s choice for the best audio Interface for reaper.
- Steinberg UR22MKII 2-Channel, Guitar Amp Classics, Sweet Spot Morphing Channel Strip, REV-X reverb, D-PRE microphone preamps.
- 2 x 2 USB 2.0 audio interface, 24-Bit/192 kHz & Two Class-A D-PRE mic preamps. MIDI input/output & iPad connectivity, system requirements of Mac OS X
- 10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11 and windows 7 SP1/8/8.1/10
- It is compatible with all major audio editing, mastering, and music production software, Cubase AI and Cubasis LE included, refer to user guide for use.
- Steinberg UR22MKII 2-Channel Interface of weight 3.4 pounds, dimensions of 8 x 9.2 x 4 inches, powered by 1 Lithium ion batteries required, colour name of Silver, USB 2.0 Hardware Interface, SIMM Computer Memory type, 1 processor count and with voltage of 240 volt.
- It is easily connected using USB.
- Very lightweight and portable.
- High-quality recordings of vocal through dynamic and condenser mics.
- Has Robust chassis.
- Has iOS Support.
- Is the Cubase AI activation process
- The device only has two channels which can make connecting more equipment to be somewhat difficult.
The Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD audio interface is a 4 x USB ideal for recording vocals and instruments on the go, and for it being a 24-bit, having also 192 kHz resolution makes professional audio every time of use. When it comes to compatibility, the UMC404HD is ideal for most workstations such as Reaper, ProTools, Cubase as well as Logic, having no driver issues when used. It has 1 MIDI I/O with ultra-low latency, supporting both Windows and Mac, has 4 solid mic preamps making your vocals as well as audio recording sound to be truly something superb. It is a fine audio interface device having the inputs at the front and outputs at the back, all packed in a sturdy aluminium chassis, it features the classic Behringer colour scheme, with the black dominant colour and light grey details breaking up the monotony.
Using Dual XLR/TRS connectors for all four channels it has, this adds to the UMC404HD convenience as well as versatility. It has MIDAS-Designed Microphone preamps, 48V phantom power, Headphone Out, Zero-Latency Monitoring, Analog Inserts, Status, Signal, and Clip LEDs, DAW software Download Included, 5 VDC Power Adapter included, 2.0 audio interface, 192 kHz resolution. Additionally, it has two XLR, as already said, four ¼ inches TRS main balanced outputs, and four RCA/phono unbalanced outputs, Headphone output with level control and monitor A/B source select for DJ-style cueing, Input/playback mix control and stereo/mono switch for direct monitoring, as well as USB port for computer connection and power amongst many other features.
- Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD, Studio in a little black box, 192 kHz Precision, MIDAS- The Legend in Sound Quality, Zero-Latency Monitoring, Tracktion-Record, Edit, Mix and Share.
- It is a 4×4 USB 2.0 Audio/MIDI Interface for recording microphones and instruments, Audiophile 24-Bit, 4 state-of-the-art, MIDAS designed Mic Preamplifiers with +48V phantom power.
- It is compatible with popular recording software inclusive of Avid Pro Tools, Abbleton Live. Steinberg Cubase etc, streams 4 inputs/ 4 outputs plus 1x MIDI I/O with ultra-low latency to your PC.
- It supports both Mac OS X and Windows XP or higher.
- Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD of weight 2.65 pounds, dimensions of 11.5 x 5.1 x 1.8 inches, 4-Channel size.
- USB powered.
- Has four state-of-the-art mic preamps.
- Very small footprint, no latency issues.
- Supports both Mac OS X and Windows XP or higher.
- Has MIDAS-The Legend in Sound Quality.
- The device has a single power switch for all channels which might somewhat interfere when trying to power all channels at a go.
The Roland Octa-Capture High-Speed Audio Interface is a device coming with premium onboard preamps for great sound quality, is a 24-bit and 192 kHz resolution with Low-Latency Driver. It has 10 input/10 output, 8 microphone preamps, Auto Input Level Adjustment, Phantom Power, has compressor and Reverb DSP supported by Mac OS X and Windows XP/Vista/7. The Octa-Capture is solidly built, is a sleek and great audio interface comprising of software routing and effects tricks aplenty, is a USB 2.0 interface, with up to 192 kHz recording capabilities, lots of Analogue and digital I/O as well as high-quality preamps. To get started with the Roland Octa-Capture High-Speed Audio Interface, there’s an installation of the bundled drivers from CD and, additionally of a Cakewalk Production Plus Pack disc that includes Sonar LE and assorted instrument and library software.
More to say is that the device has an Auto-Sensing function automatically setting the recording level of each input to the best setting after analysation of the audio input during a specified interval of time. The device having its I/O options at the front and rear comprises of four XLR/quarter inch ports adorning the front panel, the first two flexible enough to accept either mic or Hi-Z inputs, with the headphone port lying on the far right-hand side. A software compressor is available per channel, a reverb processor can be accessed by individual channel sends. Thus, to say, with the compact design of which the unit is made of and its pristine audio quality, it is not only the ideal interface for multichannel computer-based production but also a great solution for expansion of the I/O capability of the V-STUDIO 700 and V-STUDIO 100.
Roland Octa-Capture, Eight Premium Mic Preamps, One-Click AUTO-SENS: Automatic Input Level Adjustment, Extreme Low-Latency Driver VS Streaming driver, Four Flexible Monitor Mixes, Link Two Units for 16 x 6 Audio Input/Output, Supports Major Digital Workstations (DAW) on Mac or PC, inclusive of OSX 10.6 and Windows 7, through ASIO 2.0/WDM (Windows) and Core Audio (Mac) drivers.
- Box contents include Roland Octa-Capture USB Audio Interface, rack mount angle x 2, owner’s manual, Cakewalk Production Plus Pack DVD-ROM, driver CD-ROM, AC adapter, USB cable.
- Has compact I/O, Pristine Sound Quality, AUTO-SENS function intelligently setting optimal input levels for all preamps, Low-noise, wide range power supply, compact with durable aluminium body and direct box functionality.
- Has four independent software-controlled Direct Mixers for creating custom monitor mixes.
- Roland Octa-Capture of weight 6 pounds, dimensions of 6.2 x 11.2 x 2 inches, model number of UA-1010, colour name of MultiColored, USB 2.0 Hardware Interface, 0.8 screen size.
- Has high quality I/O
- Great software setup per channel basis.
- Auto-level setup.
- In-built reverb and more.
- Is somewhat relatively expensive.
The TASCAM US-1200 USB Audio Interface is a device coming with 4 XLR inputs and +48V phantom power and two TRS inputs for ease of connection of gear. The device has 6 ins, 2 outs with audio stream support, is powered by USB, enabling low latency monitoring using the DSP mixer which helps deal with issues such as clipping and distortion during recording. The TASCAM US-1200 is equipped with High-Quality HDDA (High Definition Discrete Architecture) Microphone Preamplifiers, is an optimally designed tool for translation of expressive performances a DAW. It has 6 Analog inputs for Multi-Channel Recording, 2 TRS balance inputs, has balanced low-noise connections are superb for line connection equipment such as keyboards, drums, etc, having INPUTs 5 and 6 supporting high-impedance connection for instrument such as guitar/bass recording. More to say about the TASCAM US-1200 is that it has 24-bit/96 kHz Resolution, Duo Mode DSP Mixer, DSP Monitoring Effects, its mixer boasting of 2 modes of which one is optimised for multi-track recording and the other is geared towards live broadcast and video editing. Also, the device can deliver not only input sound but also sound from the PC by mixing it inside the US-1200, applications such as adding announcements while playing background music with the PC and then sending accumulated track back to the PC is all part of the Stereo-Mix Mode.
- TASCAM US-1200 USB Audio Interface, has four XLR inputs with +48V phantom power and two TRS ¼ inches balanced inputs, 6-in/2-out with audio stream support-USB 2.0 24-bit/96kHz resolution, two TRS Analog balanced outputs.
- Low-Latency monitoring via the DSP mixer, on-board digital effects (DSP effects), the DSP effects can be used in 44.1/48kHz operating mode.
- TASCAM US-1200 USB Audio Interface is of weight 6.39 pounds, dimensions of 11.8 x 19 x 1.8 inches, model number US-1200
- Comprises of solid construction and it is well built.
- Has no unwanted noise.
- Ease of recording in multiple tracks.
- Can’t be used with the specific drivers coming with it.
The Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 USB Audio Interface, a lightweight device compatible with Reaper and all major DAWs, has 4 Analog inputs, 2 mic preamps and 2 instrument inputs helping give your audio the professional and clear production, is a 24-bit and has 192kHz audio resolution for great audio quality. The Scarlett 2i2 is a great deal for Reaper for despite being powerful, it also works well with Reaper with the benefit of not having problems with compatibility or your software not being able to keep up with the power of your equipment. It is a reliable audio interface device due to the many connections it has thus enabling you to connect all your desired hardware to it having not to worry about running out of space for your connections. The Scarlett 2i2 having high conversion rate is a benefit to you when using powerful audio software such as the reaper, worry-free of quality sound, no delays of any sort during recording for having super-low latency. Also, for having low latency, this allows the usage of many of many VST plugins as you could want, having not to run into any issues. Your workflow being revolutionized and being able to work inside DAW not only for playback but also for overdubbing means that you have complete control when using the Scarlett 2i2. More to say is that the device comes bundled with Pro Tools, 2GB of loop-masters samples and a whole lot other great stuff!
- Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 USB Audio Interface, Recording made easy, Perfect for recording two mics at a go, crisp and clear conversion, Instant Recording.
- Has two natural-sounding Scarlett mic preamps with lots of even gain, two instrument inputs, ¼ inches balanced jack outputs for professional studio monitors connection, one headphone output with gain control.
- Has class-leading conversion sample rates up to 192kHz/24 bit, has super-low roundtrip latency for using your plug-ins in real time having no need of DSP.
- Includes Pro Tools/First Focusrite Creative Pack and Ableton Live Lite, Softube Time and Tone Bundle, Focusrite’s Red Plug-in Suite, 2GB of Loopmasters samples, Choice of one free XLN Addictive Keys virtual instrument, all available via download upon purchase and registration.
- It is compatible with Windows 7 and higher, and Mac OS X 10.10 and higher, has frequency response of – 20 Hz -20kHz +/- 0.1dB, Supported Sample Rates of: 44.1 kHz, 48kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96kHz,176.4 kHz, 192 kHz.
- The product also comes with a 2-year limited warranty on manufacturing defects.
- Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 of weight 1.32 pounds, dimensions of 1.9 x 6.9 x 4.3 inches, model number of AMS-SCARLETT-2I2-2ND-GEN, 2i2- 2 Mic Pres for both Colour name and size, USB 2.0 Hardware Interface, with voltage of 240.
- Solid Audio Interface with great design.
- Ease to use and setup.
- Can be powered by USB.
- Compatible with Major DAWs.
- -Durable and portable.
- Imperfect function of mic which may have some hiss in it.
- Static and crackling noises when setting up equipment solved by a complete restart of your computer, sometimes by getting professional help from company.
- Challenges in working with Focusrite when you have problems with your audio interface and you need professional repairs.
Conclusion and Recommendation
That pretty much wraps it up and I think that should do. But let me recommend three products for you out of the listed five. If you are on a low budget but looking for a great deal, I recommend the Steinberg UR22MKII 2-Channel USB, it’s a great deal. If you have a little bit more to spend, you can go for the Roland Octa-Capture, which despite’s its pricing is worth the money, the reviews it has saying it all. For the third one you can pick either Scarlett 2i2 or the Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD. Even the other TASCAM US-1200 is a great deal so if you are okay with it then you go for it. I hope this has been helpful. Now, go get your Reaper supported Audio Interface now!